divendres, 27 de maig del 2011

Andrew & Jean's Farm

WOOFING... there is so much behind this word. A lot of sharing, learning, fun, experience (not always expertise) and amazing people.

This was my first wwoofing experience and I feel I have been very lucky with all that has surrounded it. 
My experience these days have been full of unforgettable nice and unbelievably strange moments that have enriched me in a lots of ways.

The Unforgettable nice ones
- Getting up in the morning and listen to the magical music of Jean at the Piano. Oaw!
- Going to bed, falling asleep with the laud noise of the wind moving thousands of trees in the valley (and sometimes moving the camper van I was in, too).
- Walking to the top of the hill (through the bush) and, then, finally be able to see the sea and Kapiti island. 
- Spending time, time and more time drawing... until I got tired of it! (how can that be?)
- Having very interesting conversations with Andrew. He knows about everything and his opinion always deserve my admiration.
- Enjoying, as never before, the smell of the kitchen while a very tasty meal is being cooked every night.
- Picking and piling brunches, while a blue-tale bird sings and keeps jumping from leave to leave next to me. (Andrew says it is because of the little insects on the branches, but I rather think it is because that cute bird likes my company)
- Feeling physically exhausted after 4 hours of work in the bush. Feeling mentally great.
- Hearing the "pop" of the wood in the fire place every night while talking about art, music, economics or politics. 
- Feeling happy when Andrew says he loves FLAN dessert (just like Pere).
- Understanding the real love for New Zealand land of Andrew and Jean, who are not New Zealanders.
- Learning, learning, and learning. I cannot number all the things I've learned (from fencing, planting beans, cleaning a pipe to backing bread, cooking apple crumble and stretching canvas, just to mention some...)
- Being captured by Andrew's and Jean's objective to make this world a better place.

The Unbelievable strange ones(Jean, Andrew please do not take this as personal. I wrote it from a point of view of someone who has always lived between buildings and concrete). 

- Finally feeling comfortable in a bedroom full of spiders. (They may not be poisonus, but they are horrible!)
- Wearing the same stinky clothes for three days.
- Being able to resist the cold. No heating in the can but a magic blanket!
- Not having any allergic reaction to Pusi (the hunting cat).
- Find, for the first time in my live, two donkeys so cute...
- Be able to cook with a completely black fried pan. (Pere, I have learnt that we do not need those fancy new ones to cook super tasty meals)
- No needing to wait for anyone to start eating breakfast, lunch or dinner (I haven't been able to achieve this one, sorry).
- Walking really fast at night (afraid of the animals that may be around) from Andrew's and Jean's house to the camper van and... suddenly stop because the sky is amazingly full of stars.


For all of this...Andrew, Jean THANK YOU

Camper van where I slept for 10 days

Inside the camper van

Andrew's and Jean's farm


Barbara learning how to fence


Andrew's and Jean's house. Very nice and with a lot of peace....


The path after the storm. I cleaned it!


Views of Kapiti island

Jean and Barbara just before eating the "arros a la cubana" dish

Ann and Jean. The backgound: the land of the farm.

so cute...

Eucaliptus trees. Such a great sensation!

Jean and Andrew. Truita de patates.

Very, very nice community. It will work for sure!

Barbara showing her paintings. Thank your for listening!

Tasty bread :)

2 comentaris:

  1. Bones imatges de l'aventura!

    ResponElimina
  2. Bàrbara, I got goose pimples after reading your experience in awesome NZ!! I recognize very well your feelings, your descriptions of NZ scenary... Where were you exactly?? Oh.. we'll need a whole week to catch up when you're back!

    Anyway, have a nice time now in Argentina and enjoy the rest of this amazing travel!

    Kisses,

    Eva

    ResponElimina